Today was a strange day because we went back in time. We woke up around 6:30 a.m. to drive to the airport. John drove us in his swanky Jaguar again and we watched a documentary on the Beach Boys while he shared priceless wise thoughts and tips on life. We got to the airport with plenty of time and ate some Cadbury chocolate for breakfast. While we were waiting I was looking at pictures on Instagram from Sydney about the office luau going on. I was living out Saturday and she was still living out Friday. It was pretty trippy knowing that when we landed "this afternoon" she would be the one picking us up, but she still had to finish out Friday and go to bed and such. We boarded with no problems, but were disappointed to find that it was a full flight and we would not have the row to ourselves like we did on the way there. The flight was long and Tyler got a terrible migraine. The lady we shared the row with had the window seat, and I swear she had the smallest bladder in history. I can't blame her though; Delta came around with the drink cart way too often for a thirteen-hour flight. I watched some movies and tried to sleep, but had no such luck.

Finally, we landed at LAX at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday (haven't we done this already?) and could not wait to get off of the plane. Unfortunately, immigration didn't open until 6:30 a.m., meaning we had to wait on the plane for another thirty minutes. The rest of the day was a bit of a blur as we finally got off the plane, waited in long lines, and had what seemed like the longest and most exhausting layover in L.A. Finally we made it to Salt Lake and Sydney was there awaiting our arrival, but of course we weren't done. The baggage carousel wasn't moving and we waited for what seemed like forever because we just wanted to get home. Sydney got us home in one piece and we rewarded her with her Sydney T-shirt and some of the numerous Aussie lollies we had brought home in our little suitcase. We got into our beckoning bed and sank into a deep sleep until 8:30 p.m. We had no food and no energy to make dinner, so we ordered a pizza and Tyler went out to get some basic groceries. Thanks to some major jet lag, we didn't get back to sleep until 4:00 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment