We slept way in again today, but managed to make it to the 11 a.m. session (the very last one before the evening sessions) at the Sydney Temple. This is such a tiny temple, but I loved it, blue tile roof and all. After the temple we were going to drive to Canberra, the capital of Australia, but it was a three-hour drive and we were tired. As we talked about it more, we realized that we were only going to Canberra because we each thought that the other one had wanted to go, and that neither of us really even cared about going. Instead we ran a few errands; first up, mailing off Kevin's postcards all the way from down under to the great Kentucky state. We then went to get lunch at Red Rooster, another must-eat place while here in Australia. It's a sort of KFC/Chick-fil-a and boy did we pig out.

We went back to the house to change and then go on our last errand of buying souvenir lollies. It's no question that the best souvenir is food, especially when you're in a place that values honeycomb and Cadbury chocolate as much as here (can you tell how much I love their taste in treats here?). We bought the works for our friends, families, and of course ourselves. The look on that cashier's face when she saw us unload our cart was priceless. We fessed up right away and told her that we were Americans who couldn't get enough of their sweets; she laughed and agreed that the chocolate here is much better than the States'. We were totally that person in the line that prompts people behind to take their things off of the conveyer belt because it is talking so long and go into the longer line because you know it will be faster.

We got back and spread out all of our bags and showed the Baileys how much we love the treats here. Tyler also called up some of the people that wanted to visit with us while we were here to set up some meet ups. After dinner we went to visit a less-active member who really liked Tyler and his companion Brad when they served here. She was so happy to see Tyler and told us all about her life, family, and happenings. We were there for about an hour and then made our way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment