12.28.2012

SURPRISINGLY BELATED


Today went by slowly and ended earlier than planned thanks to a longer-than-planned trip to the printer for our spring catalogue press check. I then went straight to my parents' church building for a family party filled with sports, card games, food and catching up. Funny thing: Tyler and I usually end up playing with the kids; the stage was filled with wrapped empty boxes (probably from a Christmas program). While playing on the stage, Tyler and I ended up sitting on some chairs while all four of the little kids started bringing us each present one by one, some of them big enough to house multiple children, saying "Merry Christmas" after each present was given. So funny. We arrived back to our apartment late in the evening where a belated and unexpected surprise from Tyler awaited: this clever fortune cookie calendar for 2013. Each month has a random fortune, a matching month-stamped cookie and lucky numbers. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment