12.21.2013

GOODBYE


This morning we woke up and got ready to go to my grandma's funeral down in Pleasant Grove. The viewing was packed to the brim with all those warm faces that are my extended family. After we had been there for awhile, the Riches arrived and we were so excited to see Sara, Bob, Duncan, and Charlie. The funeral was amazing; I loved hearing about my amazing grandma and what an amazing disciple of Christ she was, just like her husband. At the dedication of the grave, all 300+ members of her family had a blue balloon (her favorite color). After my Uncle Ron had finished his speech, we released a sea of them into the cold white sky. We all walked back to the church for a massive luncheon and visiting with aunts, uncles, and cousins (and sisters who live far away). In the evening we met up with the members of Lynchland for a concert at the Energy Solutions Arena with the Piano Guys. They were so great; I loved all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment